Bodum French Press
About the French Press Coffee Maker
Discover the art of the perfect brew with the French press coffee maker. The French press system is beloved by coffee aficionados worldwide for its simplicity of brewing and purity of taste.
The original design dates back to the pre-war period when the Italian Attilo Calimani developed the basic principle. Bodum founder, Jørgen Bodum, began work on his version of the French press in the 1970s, but it was the acquisition of Melior-Martin in 1991 – a company that produced a dome-shaped French press – that led to the development of the classic CHAMBORD we know and love today.
A true original, it has a timeless design and is produced with the same superior craftsmanship its devotees worldwide have come to expect. An environmentally friendly method of brewing, the French press system epitomizes Bodum’s core belief that we should ‘make taste, not waste’.
Main Features & Benefits
- Iconic French press coffee maker that brings out the full flavor and aroma of your brew.
- The carafe is made of non-stain, heat-resistant borosilicate glass that won’t alter or impair the coffee’s natural flavor.
- The frame and lid is made from durable stainless steel that’s undergone several chrome-plating processes to result in a durable, shiny surface capable of withstanding many years of us.
- The handle is made from Polypropylene with a matte finish that gives a comfortable grip while serving and adds to the classic quality of the design.
- Stainless steel plunger prevents ground beans escaping when the coffee is poured.
- More environmentally friendly than many coffee-brewing methods – no paper filters or plastic capsules required.
- Easy to use and easy to clean.