Brew Guide | French Press | Groundstate Coffee Roasters | Specialty Coffee Ireland
The Ultimate French Press Brew Guide by Groundstate Coffee Roasters
Welcome to the Groundstate Coffee Roasters' comprehensive guide to mastering the French Press, your go-to method for a rich and delightful coffee experience. If you're seeking to elevate your morning ritual or impress guests with barista-level brews, look no further. Embrace the art of coffee-making with our premium selection of Specialty coffee, perfect for your French Press adventures.
Why French Press?
The French Press, also known as a press pot or plunger pot, is renowned for its straightforward brewing process that allows the coffee grounds to fully steep, extracting deep flavours and essential oils that are often trapped by paper filters. This method provides a full-bodied, aromatic cup of coffee that truly honours the quality of Groundstate Coffee Roasters beans.
What You'll Need:
- Groundstate Coffee Roasters' Coffee: Choose from our exquisite range of freshly roasted coffee beans. For French Press, a coarse grind is essential.
- French Press Coffee Maker: Ensure it's clean and free from old grounds and oils.
- Hot Water: Just off the boil, around 90°C to 96°C.
- Grinder: A burr grinder is preferred for a consistent coarse grind.
- Scale: Precision leads to perfection.
- Timer: Keep track of your brew time.
- Stirrer: A wooden or plastic spoon is ideal.
- Mug: Your favourite one, pre-warmed if you like.
The Perfect French Press Recipe:
Measure & Grind: Start with a 1:15 coffee-to-water ratio. For a 1-liter French Press, use about 67 grams of coffee ( or two heaped tablespoons of coffee per mug of water ). Grind your Groundstate beans to a coarse consistency, akin to breadcrumbs.
Add Coffee to French Press: Pour the grounds into the bottom of your French Press.
Pour Water: Slowly pour water over the coffee grounds in a circular motion, ensuring all grounds are saturated.
Stir Gently: After pouring, give the coffee a gentle stir with a wooden or plastic spoon.
Place Plunger & Brew: Put the lid on with the plunger pulled up. Let the coffee brew for 4 minutes.
Press Down: After 4 minutes, press the plunger down slowly and steadily.
Serve Immediately: Pour the coffee into your pre-warmed mug and savor the rich flavors.
Clean Your French Press: To maintain a pristine taste for every brew, clean your French Press thoroughly after each use.
Tips for the Perfect French Press Coffee:
- Water Quality Matters: Use filtered water for the cleanest taste.
- Temperature is Key: Too hot, and you'll burn the coffee; too cool, and you'll under-extract.
- Invest in Freshness: Buy Specialty coffee for unparalleled flavour.
- Avoid Over-Brewing: Over-extraction can lead to bitterness.
Get Your French Press Essentials:
We recommend experimenting with our latest coffee selections using the French press technique. "Hawi The Hippie" is a quintessential Ethiopian blend, and "I Am Imani Imani" offers a delightful Kenyan sweetness. Both are beloved choices at our roastery for French press .
Embrace the journey of coffee exploration with Groundstate Coffee Roasters — where every sip tells a story of quality and craftsmanship.